Bridging Courses: The Scientific Committee may require the student to study a number of specialized overhauling courses available in the University programs, but not to exceed four courses, and the student must complete them during the registration period in the program.
- The student shall prepare in coordination with the supervisor and the co-supervisor if there is a research plan within three months from the date of registration and payment of the fees for handling the file and the registration exams in line with the accepted research axes at the university.
- The Scientific Committee shall evaluate the research plan based on the report of the plan and the oral presentation made by the student before the committee in the presence of the supervisor.
- After the approval of the Scientific Committee, the research plan shall be submitted to the Supervisory Committee accompanied by the opinion of the Scientific Committee. The Supervisory Committee shall have the right to ask the student about some details related to the thesis.
- The University Council shall approve the registration of the student in the doctorate after the approval of both the scientific and the Supervisory committees of the plan. The registration decision shall be issued by the President of the University.
- The student shall complete the PhD thesis within a period of not less than two years since the date of acceptance of the research plan by the Council of Scientific Affairs.
- The follow up and supervision shall be conducted by the supervisor of the research through monthly guidance meetings (at least one monthly meeting), face-to-face meetings or through the system of synchronized sessions recognized by the university with the need to record all meetings and digitally document them. The sessions shall be uploaded recorded within a maximum of two weeks of being recorded to be adopted as part of the dissertation and the defense of the thesis shall not be accepted without submitting monthly recordings of the meetings and considering them as part of the required documents.
- The University Council may assign a PhD student to pursue a number of scientific activities necessary to complete his / her qualification upon the proposal of the supervisor of the PhD thesis. These activities may include teaching courses or seminars, participation in conferences or scientific activities.
The Doctoral thesis:
- The thesis shall be completed under the supervision of a faculty member or their equivalent or a specialist approved by the Council of Scientific Affairs with a doctorate degree at the rank of at least an Assistant Professor.
- Another supervisor may participate in the supervision, approved by the Council of Scientific Affairs.
- The PhD thesis is written in Arabic, and the student has the right to prepare the thesis in English after the approval of the Council of Scientific Affairs to be accompanied by an abstract in Arabic.
- The student submits a study at the university to approve the research plan at the end of each academic year before the scientific committee in which he/ she presents the state of progress of the research and this requires the attendance of the student in person. The scientific committee submits periodic reports on the status of doctoral program students to the Supervisory committee for a follow-up and submission of appropriate proposals to develop the scientific research system to the Board of Trustees.
- The student shall take full responsibility for the execution of his / her research and follow up communication with the supervisor.
- The supervisor, and the co-supervisor, if any, shall submit a detailed report on the thesis to the scientific committee after the completion of the doctoral thesis indicating the validity of the thesis for presenting to the judiciary committee.
- The Scientific Committee shall adopt its decision regarding the validity of the thesis for arbitration based on the report of the thesis, reports, and the interim studies of the student and the supervisor.
- A committee of specialists or experts in the field of the thesis shall be composed of at least five members of PhD holders, one of whom is the supervisor. The number of members shall be an odd number and at least two of the members are reporter members and shall not be less than an assistant professor or a major researcher from the universities of the country or any Arab or foreign universities, as well as at least one member of the Scientific Committee.
- The two rapporteurs shall submit a report on the validity of the thesis for discussion, and the date for the discussion shall be determined upon the receipt of two positive reports.
- All reports shall be submitted to the Scientific Affairs Council for decision and approval by the University Council.
- The thesis shall be discussed in a public hearing, and shall be announced and the Vice-president for Scientific Affairs shall be notified two weeks prior to the meeting.
- The Judiciary Committee shall evaluate the thesis in accordance with the rules determined by the University Council upon the proposal of the Council of Scientific Affairs. The student shall be considered to have succeeded in the thesis on the basis of one of the positions approved in the University Regulation Act.
- The Judiciary Committee may give a period not exceeding three months from the date of discussion to make amendments (if necessary).
- The student shall not be awarded a doctorate degree and his registration shall be cancelled if the committee does not approve the amendments that it requests of the student within less than three months after the discussion, and if the amendments are not implemented.
- After the final discussion, the Judiciary Committee shall prepare a record containing the final results of the student according to the university's assessment system, and submit it to the specialized councils for approval. The reports of the two rapporteur members are attached to the record.
- The student's registration shall be suspended and his registration in the program shall be cancelled in the event of a decision on the validity of the thesis for arbitration is not issued within the maximum period allowed in the program.
The registration payment for the overhauling year and for the PhD years shall be determined at the beginning of each year by the Board of Trustees upon the proposal of the University Council. The cost of the extension of one semester for students enrolled in the year shall be determined at the same rate of the overhauling year in the year of registration.
After paying the fees and financial installments incurred by the student in accordance with the financial system, the following is required of the student to obtain the doctorate degree:
- Completion of overhauling courses in case the Scientific committee decides the need for a student of a follow-up.
- Publication of three research papers within the subject of his/ her research (at least two of which are in English and classified at least Q3). The three articles should be published in one of the refereed scientific journals or conferences of bilateral arbitration indexed and approved by SCOPUS or web of science or to have the approval of the journal or the conference to publish it. The student is required to translate his/ her English articles fully into the Arabic language, and to publish them in the University Encyclopedia.
- Submission of the thesis in a public hearing before the judging committee, and obtaining an assessment according to the system of evaluation adopted in the University Regulation Act.
The PhD degree is awarded by a decision of the University Council upon the proposal of the Council of Scientific Affairs.
The certificate shall be issued signed by the President of the University and the Minister.