- About the program
- Program rules
- Program courses
- Academic staff
The program aims to qualify researchers who are capable of analyzing problems and developing appropriate solutions in the sectors related to management / technology, quality and business /. This enables the researcher to follow up on the latest developments in management / technology - quality - business / and to create new knowledge that allows companies working in related fields to develop their technologies and enhance their role at all levels: local, national, regional and global.
The program covers different research areas in the field of management / technology - quality - business /. The Council of Scientific affairs defines these at the beginning of each new academic year.
Upon completion of the PhD thesis, the student is expected to possess a set of knowledge, skills and values, in particular:
- Knowledge and Understanding
- Distinguishing between appropriate research methodologies in their competence.
- Knowing the latest developments and innovations in the field of their thesis.
- Classifying the mechanisms for developing solutions, studying their effectiveness and evaluating their impact on complex environments.
- Understanding the impact of values and ethics in science related to their specialty.
- Classifying scientific journals and conferences that publish the latest scientific developments in their specialty.
- Intellectual Abilities:
- Analyzing problems and developing solutions.
- Creating new knowledge.
- developing creative ideas within the modern trends in their area of competence.
C. Practical Skills:
- Evaluating the work of others.
- Selecting appropriate methods to document the results of his/ her research.
- Choosing the appropriate techniques to display his/ her work.
- working to secure funding sources for the development and application of the creative ideas.
- Participating in national, regional and international forums and working on marketing the results of his/ her research.
D. General transferable skills:
- Continuing the search for the latest developments and innovations in the field of specialization.
- Constantly working to develop themselves.
- Documenting the results of his/ her research and discussing them in international forums.
- Forming and leading teams.
- Using appropriate language and terminology to discuss problems and develop solutions
Students are accepted to prepare for the Ph.D. degree in the Syrian Virtual University in the disciplines of management / technology - quality - business / after they have achieved the following:
- The candidate must have a Master’s degree in Technology Management, Quality Management or Business Administration from the Syrian Virtual University with at least a very good grade.
- He/ she must have passed the bridging year for graduates of the Department of Technology management, Quality Management and Business Administration from the Syrian Virtual University, in accordance with the rules determined by the University Council in its decision to adopt the bylaws of the bridging year and its amendments.
- He/ she must have passed the English language test conducted by the University whether this took place before or after the bridging year and before being registered for the following year, or to have an equivalent international standardized test scores, such as TOEFL, IELTS, or the highest level in the English placement test of the Syrian Virtual University, or any other test accepted by the Council of Scientific Affairs, whose conditions are determined by the University Council provided that it has not been more than two years since the date the student obtained the standard test document.
- The Candidate must have published at least one paper in English in one of the journals or the indexed and accredited dual arbitration scientific conferences and approved by SCOPUS or WEB of Science, or has obtained the approval of the journal or the conference for publication where not more than two years passed since the date of approval of the publication of the research.
- To submit a proposal (title and objective) that conforms with the research axes referred to in Article No. / 52 /, and is accepted in accordance with the selection criteria set out in Article No. / 55 / and the procedures set forth in Article No. / 56 / of the Regulations.
In case the student passes the bridging year according to the conditions specified in its internal regulations, he/ she shall continue in the second year of the Ph.D., and if they fail to pass it, their registration will be suspended and registration will be cancelled from the program.